Capital Region Today Show
Thank you for agreeing to appear on the Capital Region Today Show. You will receive an email reminder three weeks before, 10 days before your appearance and again a few days before you are scheduled to appear. Each email provides new information. Please review carefully.
Arrival — Please arrive at the studio between 10:30 and 10:45 AM so we can prepare for the show properly.
Arrival Time, Parking and Studio Directions:
- We film at Open Stage Media at Proctors. The studio is now located at 432 State Street at Proctors Performing Arts Campus — We are now filming in the GE Theater
- Directions: You can go to Proctors.org and on the top of their home page, click on “Visiting” and then in the drop down menu, and click on “Directions and Parking”. If you want to put the address in your GPS, here it is: 432 State Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- PAID Parking: There is also limited paid parking on the street. You must go to the kiosk to pay. You can also park in the municipal parking garage on Broadway where a fee is charged.
Audio & Music:
- We have to be very careful about playing any material that has a copyright. It will shut our system down since we record the material for replay.
- If bringing a CD, please make sure that it can be played on a CD player and not on a computer only. Please test before bringing in so that you know that it will work and won’t be disappointed when you arrive when it won’t work on our system.
- Microphones are not amplified in the room. The sound goes directly into the console for the recording. We are currently using omnidirectional mics.
Promos/ brochures, etc.:
- You are welcome to bring a video (on flash drive – PC friendly)Please note that we use a laptop pc and not a mac computer.
- If sending photos (jpg only) these must be emailed as an attachment no less than 3 days in advance. We can show these during your segment.
What to wear –
- Please dress professional/ upscale casual.
- If possible, please try not to wear white. It throws the white balance on our cameras off. If you must wear white, please use a jacket and colorful tie or scarf to break it up.
- Pastels are good – light blue, lavender, purple, greens and earth tones. Be sure to wear a lapel or collar so that we may attach the microphone clip.
In Addition –
- Photos and more: We’ll take a photo of you on the set. The write up will appear on Facebook and sometimes on Twitter to help viewers obtain more about your organization.
- I use Facebook to publicize guests and their events before and after the show. You can check our Facebook page “@CapitalRegionTodayShow”. Click on “Like” to follow it. We also post on Twitter and sometimes on Instagram.
- The show is also LIVE STREAMED during the filming on Tuesday morning on our YouTube channel. “Capital Region Today Show Official”
Additional Guests – we do not have audience space due to COVID restrictions at this time.
Check out the show on the web:
- On Open Stage Media Site: You can watch some of my shows on OpenStageMedia.com. Click on Video on Demand and then scroll down the list of shows (we are towards the bottom) and click on Schenectady Today. Then choose the date of the show that you would like to watch.
- We are always available on our YouTube channel “Capital Region Today Show Official”
Ann Parillo, Producer/Host
How to watch the Show: or check with your local public access TV station.
How to watch the Show:
- Live Streaming on YouTube while the show is being filmed (Tuesday at 10 am to 11 am) — “Schenectady Today Show Official” Please subscribe to our channel.
- Live Streaming on the web when aired on Channel 16: www.OpenStageMedia.com (see Sch’dy County below)
- Live Streaming on our YouTube channel while the show is being tapes on “SchenectadyTodayShow”
- Anytime on the web at Video on Demand on www.OpenStageMedia.com (scroll down to Schenectady Today and click on date)
- Schenectady County — Channel 1301 – starting on Tues at 6 pm and then on Wed, Thurs and Mon at 10 am and 6 pm (additional airings at same times throughout the week on availability)
- Now on FIOS (OSM-Sch’dy) – on Channel 36—see above times
- Bethlehem/New Scotland (BCN-TV) – Check with them for time and day.
- Now Cablecast in the following Communities FRIDAY at 6 pm on most of the outer Capital Region areas (more often in Albany and Sch’dy stations): Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301.