Going into our 23rd Year of giving voice to Capital Region communities!
We are coming BACK!!!! Yes, we’ll be starting up our shows again on April 14, 2021.
As of 2021, the show reaches over 400,000 households throughout the Capital Region on Spectrum Cable and FIOS as well as many more on the YouTube. See below:
At this time, we will not be live streaming our show but all shows will appear on our YOUTUBE CHANNEL “CAPITAL REGION TODAY SHOW OFFICIAL”. Shows are archived there as well We are currently filming on Wednesdays at 11 am in Proctors GE Theatre following all CDC safety guideline for crew and guests.
We are now known as the
Capital Region Today Show
- How to watch the Show:
- Live Streaming — Will be resolved as soon as we are set up per — we are in a temporary location.
- Back Shows: Check out our Youtube Channel at “Capital Region Today Show Official” (select the show you want) for the shows or on the web at Video on Demand on OpenStageMedia.com (scroll down to Capital Region Today and click on date)
- Schenectady County — Channel 1301 – starting on Wednesday at 6 pm and then on Wed, Thurs and Mon at 10 am and 6 pm (additional airings at same times throughout the week on availability)
- Now on FIOS (OSM-Sch’dy) – on Channel 36—see above times
- Bethlehem/New Scotland (BCN-TV) – Chedk with the statioh
- You can also see us in the following areas on Fridays at 6 pm. (new time(. —
- Albany, Amsterdam, Ballston, Ballston Spa, Berne, Bethlehem, Bolton, Broadalbin, Brunswick, Caroga, Cambridge, Charlton, Chester, Clifton Park, Cohoes, Colonie, Crown Point, Delmar, East Greenbush, Easton, Florida, Fort Ann, Galway, Glen, Glenville, Glens Falls, Gloversville, Green Island, Greenfield, Greenwich, Hague, Halfmoon, Horicon, Jackson, Johnstown, Knox, Lake George, Malta, Mayfield, Mechanicville, Menands, Milton, Mohawk, New Scotland, Niskayuna, Northumberland, Perth, Poestenkill, Port Henry, Providence, Putnam, Root, Rotterdam, Saratoga, Salem, Saratoga Springs, Schaghticoke, Schenectady, Schroon, Schuylerville, Scotia, Stillwater, Ticonderoga, Troy, Waterford, Watervliet, Whitehall, Wilton and Wright all on channel 1301. (Infomration provided by Spectrum Cable)
- Follow us on
About the Show: This show receives no funding and is a volunteer production with the assistance of Proctors and the Open Stage Media in providing space and technical assistance. Our current volunteers are: Barbara Baxter (Camera & signage), Marie Baluch (Reception), Malcolm Kogut (Associate Producer), Raymond Ma (On Air Credits), Mary Lou Samaha (Reception), Janice Walz (Technical Director) and Scott Ziegler (camera). Proctors Open Stage Media assistance is provided by Zeb Schmidt.
Show Content: The show usually includes up to six segments with a variety of guests interviewed each week. Regular guests include Representatives from animal groups; Faculty from the various area institutions of higher learning discussing health and community issues; Representatives from City, County and State agencies; actors and directors from area theatrical groups or musical venues; Tax Specialists from the Internal Revenue Service (during tax season); Representatives from libraries; area museums, local attractions and many of the area’s non-profit organizations. We also try to highlight local artists and musicians performing whenever possible.
About the Host: Ann Parillo is a retired NYS registered pharmacist. She also served as Chair of the City of Schenectady Cable Commission for 6 years until 2010. She currently holds position with The Electric City Arts and Entertainment District Board as Board Secretary. Ann recently resigned as the Executive Director of Singles Outreach Services (a voluntary position) and now serves as a Board Advisor. She has performed with various theater groups and hosted the “Single’s Talk” TV show for approximately six years prior to hosting Schenectady Capital Region Today. Over the years, she has been named The Schenectady Business & Professional Women’s Club Woman of the Year, Schenectady Haven’s Movers and Shakers award, Schenectady School Districts “Golden Apple”, YWCA’s Women of Achievement award, Proctors Volunteer of the Year Award and in 2017 was given the highest honor that the City of Schenectady can give “A Patroon Honor”. More recently she was honored by the County of Schenectady and New York State as “Schenectady County’s 2019 Older Citizen of the Year” for her volunteerism.
The Volunteer Crew: The show is proud to have a volunteer crew that has been with the show since 1998 . Although the crew changes, all have been dedicated to making this show an exceptional one. In alphabetical order: Marie Baluch (Reception), Barbara Baxter (camera), Malcolm Kogut, Associate Producer (camera, sound and all around crew), Raymond Ma (On Screen Credits), Mary Lou Samaha (reception table/ guest’s promotional material) and Janice Walz, Technical Director. New to our team is Scott Ziegler on camera. Garret McGary helps us with our appearance on the Hudson Mohawk Magazine on WOOC-FM; WOOA-FM (Albany); WCAA-FM (Albany) aned WOOS (Schenectady. Some of our segments can be heard on these stations. )Without these dedicated people who volunteer each week, the show would not be on the air and providing you with interviews and local information. Also appearing in the photo are staff of Open Stage Media and an additional guest, Bill Mielke.
Theme Music: “What a Day” by Linda Sheldon of Sundial Express.